Outgoing from UM
- Required of all UM students, faculty, and staff traveling on UM related travel
- While not required, the University strongly recommends that travelers register any side trips that occur during the duration of their University-related travel; side trips may be registered as a separate entry in the Travel Registry.
UHS (Travel Health Insurance required by the University for all faculty, staff and students)
Overview of HTH Worldwide (PowerPoint presentation)
- Policy Coverage: 3 Plans offered depending on traveler type (student, faculty or staff) and purpose (University-related or personal/leisure).
- Overview of HTH Worldwide (PowerPoint presentation)
- UM students, faculty and staff traveling for University-related business are required to purchase HTH insurance; the University strongly recommends that travelers purchase HTH Insurance for personal/leisure travel as well. However, if the traveler decides to purchase another travel health insurance besides HTH Insurance, the policy coverage should be equivalent to the coverage provided by U-M’s policy with HTH Insurance.
- Embassies (US Embassies world wide)
- CDC Travelers' Health
- Visas (Perry International)
- US Department of State Education Website
- Data Security Tips for Traveling Abroad
STA Travel Agency
- Airfare Deposit Program: This program is available to students who are receiving financial aid. Eligible students can pay a nonrefundable $300 deposit that will guarantee the airfare price. Full payment for the flight is due 7 days prior to departure. Students can take advantage of this offer by visiting the local STA travel agency located within the Michigan Union.
- Global Cell Phones
Currency Converter, Language and Time Zones
- Detroit Metropolitan Airport (for airlines, airport info, rental car)
- Transportation Security Administration
Transit to/from Detroit Metropolitan Airport to Ann Arbor
Transit Services to/from Ann Arbor