Tools and Resources
Perhaps you're looking for a research collaborator, or maybe you're a veteran researcher hoping to find students to work on existing research abroad. The Medical School and the entire University of Michigan offer the depth and breadth of resources of one of the country's largest, top-ranked institutions. Can't find what you're looking for here? Simply email Global REACH and we'll do our best to connect you.
Connect to News and Information
Make sure you're "in the loop" to receive announcements about funding opportunities, global health news, seminars and events.
- UMMS Office of Research listserv UMMSGlobalHealth
Connect to People Related to Medical School Global Health Research
Training Resources and Research Guides
A variety of research services are offered by the Michigan Institute for Clinical and Health Research (MICHR), which holds frequent research training workshops, captured on-line for access anytime.
Taubman Health Sciences Library has a wealth of U-M and external resources available to global health researchers. These research guides are presented in very useful formats and include categories such as: global health at U-M, global facts & figures, global health news, Millennium Development Goals, international public policy, country profiles, culture & language, and subject-specific public health guides.
UM Resources for Grant Writing and Proposal Preparation
- UM Proposal Writing Guide
- NIH Grant Writing Tips Sheets
- Foundation Center- Proposal Writing Short Course
- Grant writer's Seminars and Workshops
- Scientific Writing Aids for Health Sciences (Taubman Health Sciences Library)
- Publishing Aids for Health Sciences (Taubman Health Sciences Library)
- Proposal Preparation (UMMS Office of Research)
We are dedicated to integrity, safety, and compliance for all our Global Health engagements. There are a number of resources available that provide valuable guidance to insure our global health research is of the upmost quality and compliant with all regulatory requirements. The following links will provide you with the most accurate information regarding policies and procedures, guidance, compliance and conflict of interest.
- Medical School Institutional Review Board, IRBMed
- U-M Office of the Vice President for Research, Research & Sponsored Projects
- US Department of Health & Human Services, Office for Human Research Protections
Dissemination of Research Results and Other Global Health Announcements
Global REACH would be pleased to help you spread the word about any recent global health related awards, grants, and publications. We can also assist in disseminating upcoming global health announcements and events, and connecting you to the right communicators for broadcast press releases and other media needs. Please contact us if you have announcements or questions.