FAQ About M-Compass
- I am a first time user of M-Compass. Why do I receive an error message when I try to log into M-Compass?
- How do I find/apply for the M4 International Elective Grant?
- The program that I’m applying for is “currently not accepting applications.” How do I apply for the M4 International Elective Grant?
- What are the recommended browsers for uploading process elements?
- Is there funding available for electives at locations where UMMS does not have an established relationship?
- Can I submit more than one grant application in M-Compass?
- There’s no final submit button. How do I know whether my application is complete?
M-Compass dispatches this error messages to first time users who have not yet created an application in M-Compass. You may also receive this message because you are trying to log in with the wrong credentials. If you already have an application in M-Compass (M4 International Elective), make sure to log in using the UM login button on the homepage. To search for the programs offered by Global REACH or to apply for funding for your M4 international elective, please scroll down on the gateway page and click on “Find a Program.”
Navigate to the M-Compass gateway page and scroll down to “Find a Program.” On the program search page, limit your search to scholarship programs (the program search automatically defaults to outgoing programs) that are restricted to medical students under the “Eligible UM Majors” program parameter. To create an application, click on “Medicine: M4 International Elective Grant” and then click on “Apply Now.”
You may have navigated to the grant application after the grant application deadline is passed. Students are eligible to apply for the M4 International Elective Grant if they are an M4 student and they apply between September and December.
There are known issues with using the Safari browser to upload required documents. The recommended browsers are Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
No. Global REACH will only fund for rotations in the institutions listed.
Yes, it is possible to submit more than one grant application in M-Compass, HOWEVER; Global REACH will only fund one application per student per fiscal year. The fiscal year is July 1st through June 30th.
Your application is complete if all of the required questionnaires, signature documents and other materials have a check mark next to them.
Do you have additional questions about M-Compass or funding opportunities? Please contact the Global REACH Student Programs Coordinator.