About Global REACH
Global REACH will be a nationally recognized leader for developing individuals and programs to improve health and healthcare through collaborative partnerships in other countries.
Globalization affects the way we educate, collaborate, make policy, conduct research and provide care to patients. To truly embrace globalization, the University of Michigan Medical School (UMMS) believes that US medical schools must adjust not only their educational curriculum, but their institutional foci as well.
Global REACH was created to help facilitate and promote UMMS international initiatives in research, education, and collaborations in health. As the Medical School builds a critical mass of scholars and interdisciplinary thinkers to support its global health mission, Global REACH helps propel this expansion by:
- Enhancing opportunities for educational exchanges;
- Growing a network of faculty associates and faculty affiilates interested in global health issues;
- Facilitating international research collaborations;
- Providing opportunities for visiting scholars to benefit from expertise available at the University of Michigan; and
- Promoting diversity and health equity to produce the next generation of global health leaders.
Global REACH Activities Reports
Global Health Monthly Updates
Early each month, Global REACH puts together highlights of global health news and announcements that have come to our attention over the previous month. If you would like to be added to the listserv to receive these monthly updates, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.